SACRED HEART CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Building Leadership & Solid Foundations
We strive for high standards of Catholic education by following the curriculum guidelines of the Archdiocese of San Antonio which incorporates the Catholic standards and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). We also follow directives and directives proposed by the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED).
The school's curriculum includes: Religion, Mathematics, Language Arts (English, grammar, reading spelling, and phonics), Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Drama, Health, Physical Education, and Technology.
- To integrate Christians truths and values into the student’s total development.
- To design a curriculum that will meet the needs and talents of the students.
- To prepare the student to assume their roles in society.
- To teach the students to appreciate the richness and variety of each culture, especially their own cultural heritage.
- To help the students acquire an understanding of the importance of physical and mental health and environmental and ecological concerns.
- To prepare the students to participate in civic and governmental affairs.
- To develop an understanding of our economic system and to prepare the students to participate responsibly in it.